He li Gong (合力弓, lit. 'Combined power bow', in context it means 'Bow adjusted to the strength of its user')
|Bow and arrow, possibly He Li Gong, from 'Lian Bing Za Ji (《練兵雜紀》)'.|
Note that He Li Gong might be a general term to describe any bow with considerate power, and does not refer to a specific bow type.
Xiao Shao Gong (小稍弓, small siyah bow)
|Drawing of a Xiao Shao Gong (highlighted), from 'Wu Bei Zhi (《武備志》)'.|
Kai Yuan Gong (開元弓, lit. 'New era bow')
|Drawing of a Kai Yuan Gong (highlighted), from 'Wu Bei Zhi (《武備志》)'.|
Xi Fan Mu Gong (西番木弓, lit. 'Wooden bow of the Western Barbarian')
|Drawing of a Xi Fan Mu Gong, from 'Wu Bei Zhi (《武備志》)'.|
Tai Ping Zhai Gong (太平寨弓, lit. 'Bow of Taipingzhai*')
|Drawing of a Tai Ping Zhai Gong, from 'Wu Bei Yao Lue (《武備要略》)'.|
*Note: Taipingzhai (太平寨) is a garrison in Tianjin that is part of the Great Wall of China.
Da Shao Gong (大弰弓, large siyah bow)
|Drawing of a Da Shao Gong (highlighted), from 'Wu Bei Yao Lue (《武備要略》)'.|
Some speculate Da Shao Gong to be simply another name for Kai Yuan Gong, while others consider it a transitional design that gradually evolved into the Manchu bow.
|Qing period photo of a Buryat archer holding a bow that closely resemble Da Shao Gong.|
Tong Yong Gong (通用弓, general purpose bow)
|Drawing of a Tong Yong Gong (highlighted), from 'Wu Bei Yao Lue (《武備要略》)'.|
Other mentioned-only bows
- Ning Bo Gong (寧波弓, lit. 'Bow of Ningbo'): Probably a bow manufactured from Ningbo.
- Ma Huang Mian Gong (馬蝗面弓, lit. 'Leech-faced bow')
- Ni Qiu Mian Gong (泥鰍面弓, lit. 'Pond loach-faced bow')
- Chen Zhou Gong (陳州弓, lit. 'Bow of Chenzhou'): Bow manufactured from Henan.
- He Zhu Gong (合竹弓, lit. 'Combined bamboo bow'): Bow made of lacquered laminated bamboo, similar to some Yumi (弓). Said to be very weather resistant but cannot propel an arrow very far.
- Sheng Qi Xia Mian Zhi Gong (生漆下靣之弓, lit. 'Bow with lacquered back'): Bows manufactured from Guangdong and Guangxi. Said to have sturdy, round shaped limbs that are very weather resistant, but suffer from low power and short range.